Skip to Local Navigation
Skip to Content
California State University, Long Beach
Print this pageAdd this page to your favoritesSelect a small fontSelect a medium fontSelect a large font

What Every Officer Needs to Know

Congratulations on your role as a student officer for your organization! Refer to this page for a step-by-step guide for a successful term of office.

Annual Registration of Student Organizations

Organization Presidents must register their student organizations on BeachSync. In addition, a completed Alcohol Regulations Compliance Agreement (ARCA) and Faculty/Staff Advisor Acceptance of Responsibility (FAAR) form must be turned in to your Student Life and Development Advisor. The ARCA and FAAR forms can be downloaded here.

As a requirement for recognition, all students holding office must have a 2.0 cumulative GPA or higher and a 2.0 term GPA or higher, including transfers from another campus, and may not be on probation of any kind.

Undergraduate incumbents must earn 6 semester units per term while holding office. Graduate or credential incumbents must earn 3 semester units per term while holding office.

Meet with Your Student Life and Development (SLD) Advisor

Organization officers should seek a working relationship with their advisors in order to maximize the valuable roles that SLD and faculty/staff advisors can play. As early as possible, new officers should meet with their advisors to discuss the organization's mission and goals, mutual expectations, and areas where the advisor can offer the most help. Contact information for SLD Advisors can be found HERE.

Register and Attend Required Workshops

At least one officer must attend the Orientation Workshop to obtain the ability to reserve rooms and plan events on campus. If your organization receives funding from Associated Students, Inc. (ASI) two officers must complete the ASI Fiscal Certification process. If your organization is planning on selling or serving food to non-organization members at least one officer must attend the Food Handling Workshop.

Reserve Meeting Rooms for Your Organization

If your organization needs a room on a consistent basis you can reserve a meeting room for the entire school semester by going to the University Student Union Conference and Events Center, USU-221, to book a room.

*Remember, you must first attend the Orientation Workshop to reserve a room or plan events on campus.

Websites for Student Organizations

Student organizations can design and maintain free webspace on their organization's BeachSync page.

Activate your Agency Account

Student organizations must activate their Agency Account at the Associated Students Business Office, USU-229. To access their Agency Account, students must complete the ASI Fiscal Certification process.