Annual Registration of Student Organizations
All student organizations must renew their registration each academic year and attend the Orientation Workshop with Student Life & Development in order to maintain good standing with the University.
We are offering the following workshops:
- Orientation - This workshop will allow student organization officers to reserve space on campus.
- Fiscal Certification - This workshop will allow student organizations who have been granted funding from Associated Students, Inc. (ASI) to access their ASI Grants.
- Hot Food Handling Certification - This workshop is mandatory for student organizations planning events where food will be served or sold to non-organizational members.
- Event Planning - This workshop will cover goal setting, brainstorming, checklist, timeline, publicity, and evaluation techniques.
- Program Budgeting - This workshop will offer techniques on how to maintain a successful event budget.
Organizations in Good Standing with the University are able to:
- Use the University’s name;
- Use campus services, facilities and grounds;
- Use an organizational mailbox in the University Student Union;
- Apply for a University Student Union work station in the Robert C. Maxson Student Organization Center;
- Link student organization web page with the CSULB Student Life and Development website;
- Apply for Associated Students, Inc. (ASI) grants;
BeachSync and the Registration Process
Due to the implementation of BeachSync, the student organization registration process is changing. BeachSync is the CSULB version of OrgSync, a powerful Community Management Software (CMS). BeachSync provides numerous high quality tools for students and student organizations to use for the benefit of their operations and service to Student Life.Please contact Student Life and Development (SLD) at 562 985-4181 for more information.