SLD Student Academic Travel Grant
The Spring 2017 SLD Travel Application deadline is now closed. The Fall 2017 SLD Application will be available beginning August 1st. Fall 2017 application will include all travel
completed between June 1, 2017 - November 15, 2017.
Application deadline due:
Download Student Travel Application Checklist HERE.
Download Grant Itemized Budget Sheet HERE.
Contact Maleta Wilson with any questions by email, phone at (562) 985-4181, or in person at USU-215.
The Office of Student Life and Development is pleased to announce the 2016-2017 Student Academic Travel Grant. This grant was made possible for currently enrolled CSULB students wishing to:
- Enhance their co-curricular experience
- Support growth in their academic discipline
- Exposes them to current trends in your field of study
- Related to their major
The Student Life and Development Student Academic Travel Grant can be used to reimburse CSULB students for conference registration fees, transportation, lodging and memberships, only if they are required to present, co-present, compete and/or conduct a poster presentation.
Please note that those students presenting and co-presenting are eligible to receive up to $400.00.
Students conducting poster presentations or participating in competitions are eligible to receive up to $300.00.
This is academic travel; therefore this grant supports only academic travel.
To be eligible for this grant you must be presenting, co-presenting, conducting a poster presentation or participating in a competition. You are encouraged to apply for both the ASI Travel Grant along with this grant.
To obtain the ASI grant please visit this link and log in with your Campus ID # and MyCSULB password: https://orgsync.com/35809/forms/199691.
Please note that this grant can be awarded ONE TIME as an undergraduate and/or as a graduate student.
Application deadline due: March 30th, 2017
Things You Should Know Before Submitting Your Application
- Enrolled as a current CSULB student at the time of application submission AND the semester the academic travel is requested. *Students enrolled through extension services are ineligible.
- Undergraduate students must be enrolled at time of application in 12 units and possess a minimum CUM GPA of 2.0.*
- Graduate students must be enrolled at time of application in 9 units and possess a minimum CUM GPA of 3.0.*
*If the required number of units is not met, attach a written explanation as to why. Your application may have to undergo additional evaluation which may include but not be limited to contacting your department.
- Travel where you either present, co-present, compete or conduct a poster presentation at a professional academic conference, workshop, seminar and/or lecture
- Travel for which its sole purpose is for you to just volunteer and/or attend
- Travel for which its sole purpose is to present you with an award
- Travel for which its sole purpose is to teach others
- Travel listed on a class syllabus and/or required for a class assignment
- Visiting other schools for potential enrollment or study abroad
- Job fairs or for recreation and/or pleasure
- Travel which involves you being compensated for services rendered
- Having received a Student Life and Development Travel Grant prior to Fall 2016