SLD Student Academic Travel Grant
The Office of Student Life and Development (SLD) is pleased to offer the Student Academic Travel Grant. The grant is available for currently enrolled CSULB students wishing to grow in their academic discipline by presenting an academic paper/research or a poster presentation at a professional academic conference, workshop, seminar, and/or lecture. The SLD Student Academic Travel Grant aims to supplement the cost of travel to an academic conference.
For additional, possible funding resources, please contact your academic college and department. Students are also encouraged to apply for the Associated Students Inc. (ASI) Student Travel Fund by visiting this link and logging in with your Campus ID Number and MyCSULB password: https://csulb.campuslabs.com/engage/submitter/form/start/209306
- Be enrolled as a current CSULB student at the time of application submission AND the semester the academic travel is requested. Students enrolled through the College of Continuing Profession and Education (CCPE) are not eligible.
- Undergraduate students must be enrolled in 12 units and possess a minimum CUM GPA of 2.0 at time of application. Graduate students must be enrolled in 9 units and possess a minimum CUM GPA of 3.0 at time of application.
- The SLD Student Academic Travel Grant may be awarded to a student only once as an undergraduate, and only once as a graduate.
- Visit https://daf.csulb.edu/admin_guidelines/policies/csulb_travel_policy.html to view the full CSULB Travel Policies.
- Volunteering or attending a conference
- Receiving an award or compensation for services rendered
- Teaching others
- A class assignment or study abroad
- Visiting colleges and universities for potential enrollment
- Job fairs or for recreation and/or pleasure
April 30 for travel between December 1 and April 30 (notified by 2nd week of May).
November 30 for travel between July 1 and November 30 (notified by 2nd week of December)
_ Travels between May 1 and June 30 are not eligible to apply.
_ Turn in your application the following business day if the due date falls on a weekend.
_ Applications must be submitted AFTER travel has occurred.
Please email Anna Nazarian-Peters at email@example.com if you have any questions.