2017 Scholarship Application, MC, Student Speaker, and Graduation Picture
Application Available March 2017
- 2017 Scholarship Application
- Any student who will be attending CSULB in the Fall 2016 semester.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- Submit completed application with Essay.
- Submit an unofficial copy of your transcripts.
- Must attend the Chicano/Latino Graduation Celebration.
Complete an essay stating your academic goals, financial need, involvement with any organizations on campus and/or community involvement to demonstrate your eligibility for this scholarship. Please follow these specifications: Times New Roman Font, 12 point font, double spacing, 2 page minimum to 3 page maximum.
Submit completed application, essay, and unofficial transcripts by Friday, April 22, 2016 to:
Student Life and Development – USU-215
LSU Mailbox #120
Contact Anna Nazarian-Peters for more information or questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Master of Ceremony (MC), Student Speaker, and Graduation Picture
The CLGC invites you to participate in our Speech Contest for this year’s graduation.
Student Speaker Criteria - 2 Student Speakers - (One for Morning Session & One for Evening Session):
- The speech must be a maximum of 4 – 6 minutes long.
- Candidates are encouraged to incorporate Spanish in their speech.
- The speech must incorporate this year’s CLGC theme: TBA
- Email your speech by
Monday, April 4th, 2016 to Emelyne Camacho, Keynote Speaker Chair, at
must deliver their speech in front of the CLGC committee on Thursday, April 7th from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm at PH1-140.
- Candidates will be notified the same night if they have been chosen to present their speech.
MC Criteria - 4 MC's - (2 for Morning Session & 2 for Evening Session):
- Candidates must be able to read/speak both Spanish and English.
- Candidates will be given a script to read in front of the CLGC committee.
- Auditions will take place on Tuesday, April 7th from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm at PH1-140.
- Candidates will be notified the same night if they have been chosen to be an MC.
If you would like your picture to be included in the slide presentation prior to the graduation ceremony, please upload the image to the corresponding link: