Scholarship Application, MC, Student Speaker, and Graduation Picture
- Any student who will be attending CSULB in the Fall 2015 semester.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- Submit completed application with Essay.
- Submit an unofficial copy of your transcripts.
- Must attend the Chicano/Latino Graduation Celebration.
Complete an essay stating your academic goals, financial need, involvement with any organizations on campus and/or community involvement to demonstrate your eligibility for this scholarship. Please follow these specifications: Times New Roman Font, 12 point font, double spacing, 2 page minimum to 3 page maximum.
Submit completed application, essay, and unofficial transcripts by Friday, April 24, 2015 to:
Jose Leanos, Scholarship Chair
Student Life and Development – USU-215
LSU Mailbox #120
Contact Anna Nazarian-Peters for more information or questions: email@example.com
Master of Ceremony (MC), Student Speaker, and Graduation Picture
The CLGC invites you to participate in our Speech Contest for this year’s graduation.
Student Speaker Criteria:
- The speech must be a maximum of 5 – 10 minutes long.
- Candidates are encouraged to incorporate Spanish in their speech.
- The speech must incorporate this year’s CLGC theme: ¡Por Los Sueños de Mi Pueblo! For the Dreams of My People!
- Email your speech by
Sunday, April 5th, 2015 to Jose Leanos, Keynote Speaker Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
must deliver their speech in front of the CLGC committee on Tuesday, April 7th from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm at the CBA 125.
- Candidates will be notified the same night if they have been chosen to present their speech.
- Candidates must be able to read/speak both Spanish and English.
- Candidates will be given a script to read in front of the CLGC committee.
- Auditions will take place on Tuesday, April 7th from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm at the CBA 125.
- Candidates will be notified the same night if they have been chosen to be an MC.
If you would like your picture to be included in the slide presentation prior to the graduation ceremony, please email your photo to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 1, 2015.