Student Life & Development
Student organization off-campus or in-person activities should not be taking place as current city and county health & safety guidelines state that all public and private gatherings of any number of people occurring outside a single household are prohibited. In addition, all on-campus events or meetings are cancelled through May 15, 2021.
The Student Life and Development (SLD) Office Working Remotely Effective March 19, 2020
In light of the heightened concerns around COVID-19 and CSULB's decision to suspend in-person classes, SLD Advisors will work remotely until further notice. Our goal is to ensure that we can provide students with advising and assistance to successfully meet their goals. During this time, the SLD office will not be open for any in-person services (computer lab, tutoring, workshops), but we will maintain our normal advising hours online.
SLD advisors will be available online Monday - Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm starting March 19, 2020, until further notice.
Email Advising: Students can email their SLD Advisors listed below with questions regarding their student organizations. Please include your Name, Campus ID #, Phone #, student organization name, and any questions you may have.
Telephone Advising: Please email your SLD Advisor to schedule a telephone appointment.
Zoom Advising: Students can schedule a Zoom appointment by emailing their request to their SLD Advisor in advance.
Student Life and Development
- Director, Dr. Trace Camacho - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Associate Director, Anna Nazarian-Peters - email@example.com
- Assistant Director, Dr. Matt Cabrera - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coordinator, Jasmine Belleza - email@example.com
- Coordinator, Gladis Lopez - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coordinator, Timothy Pham - email@example.com
Fraternity and Sorority Life
- Assistant Director, Celia Mejia - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coordinator, Monica Schnapp - email@example.com
Club Sports and Recreation
Dear Student Organization Officers,
We want to provide you with some important updates. We thank you for patience and understanding as we focus on the health and safety of students, staff, and faculty.
- All on campus Events and Meetings are cancelled through May 15, 2021. You should have already received communication from the Campus Events Office or other campus venue operators regarding the cancellation of your reservation(s).
- Student organization off-campus or in-person activities should not be taking place as current city and county health & safety guidelines state that all public and private gatherings of any number of people occurring outside a single household are prohibited.
- All non-essential student travel has been suspended per guidance from the CSU Chancellor's Office through June 30, 2021. This travel suspension includes university-sponsored student organization travel.
- Please read a message from our ASI Treasurer, Adriana Andrade Rodriguez, regarding ASI funding for the fall semester HERE.
It is unfortunate we are being faced with this reality considering how hard you have all worked to offer programming and leadership opportunities for our campus community. We understand you may have questions or concerns; please don't hesitate to reach out to your SLD advisor. Our staff is here to help you and your organization.
For the most updated information regarding the university's response to COVID –19 please refer to: https://www.csulb.edu/covid-19
Welcome to Student Life & Development (SLD). We are here to connect you to an out of the classroom education through the various experiences, resources and services California State University, Long Beach has to offer. Get involved and create positive experiences and relationships to get the most of your time at The Beach.
Benefits of Involvement
- Make social connections and find a sense of community.
- Make a positive difference on campus and in the community.
- Develop transferable leadership skills.
- Interact with faculty, alumni, business and community leaders and experts in various disciplines.
- Increase the likelihood that you will succeed in achieving your academic degree.
- Gain exposure in career fields by collaborating with professionals and staff.
- Enhance your resume with demonstrated skills valued by potential employers.
News & Events
Aside from emailing SLD Advisors directly, we will have Virtual Office Hours on Mondays 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm, Tuesdays 10:00 am - 1:00 pm, and Thursdays 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm.
Visit us during these days/time via Zoom HERE.
Virtual Engagement & Virtual Meeting Recommendations for Student Organizaions
Please check out the various ways your student organization can engage with CSULB students. Students are eager to connect with your organization! Download the Tips for Engaging Members Virtually and the Hosting Virtual Student Organization Meetings handouts.
Is your student organization searching for ways to recruit and retain members in a virtual setting? Look no further! Download the Recruiting and Retaining Members Virtually powerpoint.
This grant is currently only available for CSULB students wishing to enhance their educational experience by VIRTUALLY competing/presenting at professional academic conferences, workshops, seminars and/or lectures.