Student Life & Development
Welcome to Student Life & Development (SLD). We are here to connect you to an out of the classroom education through the various experiences, resources and services CSULB has to offer. Get involved and create positive experiences and relationships to get the most of your time at "The Beach."
Goals of Student Life & Development
- Promote opportunities for campus and community involvement through student organizations, leadership training and experiences, and community service.
- Support and advise the many programs and events student organizations provide to the campus community.
Benefits of Involvement
- Make social connections and find a sense of community.
- Make a positive difference on campus and in the community.
- Develop transferable leadership skills.
- Interact with faculty, alumni, business and community leaders and experts in various disciplines.
- Increase the likelihood that you will succeed in achieving your academic degree.
- Gain exposure in career fields by collaborating with professionals and staff.
- Enhance your resume with demonstrated skills valued by potential employers.
Student Organization Officers must attend an Officer Orientation Workshop in order to reserve space on campus for meetings and events. Click HERE
The Office of Student Life and Development is pleased to announce our Student Academic Travel Grant. This grant was made possible for those currently enrolled CSULB students wishing to enhance their educational experience by competing/presenting at professional academic conferences, workshops, seminars and/or lectures.