Student Health Services offers the services of a Case Manager, a licensed clinical social worker, who assists in the evaluation, planning, coordination, and monitoring of medical services for patients with emphasis on quality of care, continuity of services, and cost-effectiveness.
Our Case Manager provides the following services:
- Collaborate with clinicians and community resources to arrange and coordinate necessary patient care.
- Identifies referral sources for patients requiring services beyond the scope of SHS such as after-hours care, specialty care, and diagnostic testing facilities.
- Assists patients with scheduling appointments with healthcare providers outside of SHS and communicating with third party payer sources, such as identifying in-network sources of care for patients with insurance or health coverage options for uninsured patients.
- Contact outside providers to obtain treatment records once patients have been seen for services.
- Provides support with crisis intervention and counseling services as needed for patients who report sexual assault, domestic violence, stalking, or issues related to alcohol and substance abuse.