All incoming students must show proof of required immunizations.
If you are 18 or younger on your first scheduled day of class, there are two required immunizations:
- Hepatitis B
If you are 19 or older on your first day of class, there is one required immunization:
- In addition to the requirements listed above, all students moving into Housing/Residence Halls must also have proof of Meningitis ACY-W (Menactra or Menveo) by move-in date.
- Meningitis B vaccines such as Trumenba or Bexsero are highly encouraged but do not fulfill the requirement as per CDC guideline and do not meet the Meningitis vaccine requirement.
International and ALI Students:
- In addition to the requirements listed above, international and ALI students must have proof of a tuberculosis skin test, chest x-ray or tuberculosis blood test (Quantiferon) within the past year.
To Clear Immunization Requirement, please send one of the following to SHS-Vaccine@csulb.edu:
- Copy of your medical or high school record showing dates of shots given OR
- Copy of your medical record of blood tests showing immunity OR
- Immunization Requirement Form completed by a licensed, board certified physician (MD or DO), Physician Assistant (PA), or Nurse Practitioner (NP).
Please e-mail the following forms to SHS-Vaccine@csulb.edu:
- Exemptions will only be made for students with a medical condition which is a contraindication to the MMR, Varicella, Tdap, or Meningitis vaccine(s).
- Medical exemptions must be completed by a board certified, licensed physician (MD, DO), Physician Assistant (PA), or Nurse Practitioner (NP) using the approved Medical Exemption Request Form.
Immunization Clinics at Student Health Services
- Appointments are recommended for immunizations.
- Appointments are required for Travel Vaccines.
- Make an appointment online or call the Student Health Services at 562-985-4771.
- Check in at Student Health Services.
- Before receiving an immunization, it is recommended that you eat breakfast or lunch.
- After receiving an immunization you must wait 20 minutes before leaving the building.
Immunizations and Pricing
Prices may change without notice and insurance will not be billed.
Influenza (seasonal flu vaccine): Free
Tuberculosis Skin Test: Free (CCPE Students: $15 for the visit)
Tuberculosis Blood Test (Quantiferon): $50.00
MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella): $77.25
Hepatitis A (2 shot series): $43.50 each
Hepatitis B (3 shot series): $47.00 each
Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis): $37.25
Gardasil 9 (3 shot series) $222.75 each*
Meningitis ACY-W (Menactra): $118.25
Meningitis B (Bexsero): $155.25
Typhoid (shot): $103.00
- *Gardasil 9 is free through the Merck Vaccine Patient Assistance Program. To qualify, students must be uninsured and aged 19-45. Book online or call 562-985-4609. Click here for more information about the Gardasil 9 vaccine at Student Health Services.
Effective Fall 2020, all incoming students must show proof of the following immunizations:
- MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella)
- Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis)
- Meningitis ACY-W (Menactra or Menveo)
- Meningitis B (Housing Students Only)
Exemptions will only be made for students with a medical condition that has a contraindication to the MMR, Tdap, Varicella or Meningitis vaccines.
Medical Exemptions must be completed by a licensed, board certified physician (MD, DO), Physician Assistant(PA), or Nurse Practitioner(NP) using the approved Medical Exemption Request Form.