Skip to Local Navigation
Skip to Content
California State University, Long Beach
Student Health Services
Print this pageAdd this page to your favoritesSelect a small fontSelect a medium fontSelect a large font

Immunization Information

Immunization Clearance

The California State University requires new students to provide proof of immunity or get vaccinations. If you do not clear your immunization requirements, a registration hold may be placed on future registration access.


Icon of a syringe used for immunizations

Immunization Clinics are held at Student Health Services

Appointments are required for TB tests & immunizations.

  • Check in at Student Health Center cashier window (Room 202-A.)

    During the Fall and Spring Semesters hours are:

    Monday: 9am to 12pm and 1:30pm to 4pm

    Tuesday: 9am to 12pm and 1:30pm to 4pm

  • Wednesday: 1:30 to 4 pm

  • Friday: 9am to 12pm and 1:30pm to 4pm

Required Immunization(s)

    • If you are 18 or younger* on your first scheduled day of class, there are two required immunizations: Measles/Rubella and Hepatitis B.
    • If you are 19 or older* on your first day of class, there is one required immunization: Measles/Rubella.
    • Measles/Rubella: Required of all new students born 1957 or later
    • Hepatitis B: required of entering students if they are 18 years of age or younger on their first day of class.

Incoming freshman who were enrolled in a California PUBLIC high school will have satisfied these requirements and do not need to submit immunization records.

Students who were enrolled in a private school and transfer students will still need to submit immunization records.

HOUSING RESIDENTS: All students moving into Housing/Residence Halls must also have proof of meningitis vaccine by move-in date. We only accept Menactra or Menveo as proof.

INTERNATIONAL and ALI STUDENTS ONLY: Proof of a tuberculosis test, given with the past year, is required.

Immunizations and Pricing:

Prices may change without notice and insurance will not be billed.

Influenza [flu vaccine]: $5.00 at the Student Health Services

Tuberculosis Skin Test $2 (CCPE students: $15 for the visit and $2 for TB skin test)

Measles/Mumps Rubella (MMR) $69.25

Hepatitis A (2 shot series) $33.95 each

Hepatitis B (3 shot series) $44.50 each

T-DAP (Tetanus, Diptheria, Pertussis - Combined) $35.50

Gardasil HPV (3 shot series) $199.00 per shot (By appointment only)

Meningitis $113.00

Typhoid (shot): $95.50

TD (per Doctor's orders only): $29.25 (While supplies last)


Immunization Clearance Hotline: (562) 985-5411

Note to students: Before receiving an immunization, it is recommended that you eat breakfast or lunch. After receiving an immunization you must wait 20 minutes before leaving the building.


Sources: CSU Executive Order No. 803 Immunization Requirement

group of students

Frequently Asked Questions

Why these immunizations?

  • Measles/Rubella are childhood diseases with potentially serious effects on adult health
  • Hepatitis B is a viral infection that affects the liver with potentially serious life long health consequences. The Hepatitis B vaccination has been shown to be safe and effective in providing protective immunity through a series of three shots given over a four to six month period.

What do I do to clear the immunization requirements?

  • Obtain a copy of your medical or high school record showing dates of shots given
  • Obtain a copy of your medical record of blood tests showing immunity

Where can I get the necessary immunizations:

  • From your doctor, local health department or CSULB Student Health Services
  • For information, call the Immunization Hotline at (562) 985-5411.

Whom should I contact if I need more information?

  • Contact Student Health Services: (562) 985-4771 (live person during business hours) or the
  • Immunization Hotline (recorded information) at (562) 985-5411
  • United States Centers for Disease Control provides vaccine information about immunizations and diseases for the general public.

Are you new in the CSULB residence halls?

Meningitis immunization information will be provided to you by Housing and Residential Life.