CSULB Student Fee
Policy and Fee Request Process
- Effective January 14, 2011, student fee requests are governed by California State University Executive Order 1054: The California State University Fee Policy. This website provides forms and requirements based on Executive Order 1054.
- Executive Order 1054 supercedes Executive Order 1034. All administrative guidelines, procedures and forms related to EO 1034 no longer apply.
- Fee requests must be submitted two months prior to the start of registration for the targeted term.
|Target Term for Implementation
||Due Date for Fee Request
A Statement of Revenue and Expenditures is mandatory for all Category II, III, IV, and V fee requests.
- Supplemental materials may be appended to the fee request for presentation to the Student Fee Advisory Committee, AVP Financial Management and President. Examples include a schedule comparing the requested fee to the same fee at comparable institutions, vendor quotes, or a history of the fee amount showing increases (decreases) by year. These are not required.
Requests for Fee Increases
- Before you request a fee increase, you should exhaust (i.e. spend) any excess of actual revenue collected over actual expenses and commitments.
- If excess revenue over expenses exists, you should demonstrate and support by appropriate vouchers that the anticipated increase in cost exceeds the excess of revenue over expenses.
- If the requested increase in fee level/range is due to anticipated decline in the number of users without a corresponding decrease in the cost, you need to support this argument with appropriate documents / vouchers.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional questions.