Men’s Success Initiative
Men's Success Initiative Working Remotely For Spring 2021
In light of the heightened concerns around COVID-19 and CSULB's decision to suspend in-person classes, Men's Success Initiative (MSI) staff will work remotely until further notice. Our goal is to ensure that we provide students with the same quality of services.
Students can email MSI staff listed below with questions regarding academic support, campus resources, mentoring, and professional development. Please be sure to include your name, Campus ID #, Phone #, and any questions you may have.
The Men’s Success Initiative (MSI) seeks to support young men of color in their academic endeavors at Long Beach State University. Our goal is to improve access, retention and graduation rates by providing academic support, professional development and mentoring.
- Free Tutoring
- Academic Workshops
- Case Management
- Scholarship Information
- Culturally Specific Workshops
- Academic and Personal Advising
- Models of Success Lecture Series
The Men's Success Initiative, since its inception in 2010, has actively participated and established partnerships with our on/off campus community partners fostering opportunities for young men of color at LBSU. The following are partnerships and programs that MSI has facilitated and participated in:
- Long Beach Male Summit
- 100 Black Men of Long Beach
- Long Beach Unified School District: Male Academy
- Math Collaborative: Long Beach Jordan High School
- Annual Symposiums
- Regular Meetings
- Guest Speakers
- Strengthen the secondary-to-higher education pipeline to enable young men of color to attend college;
- Support and challenge men of color to achieve academic success;
- Encourage and support men of color in engaging in the LBSU experience;
- Provide support to issues germane to young men of color;
- Promote involvement and inclusion in leadership activities;
- Promote intergenerational mentoring; and
- Promote community service and engagement.