McNair Scholars Program
The Ronald E. McNair Postbaccalaureate Achievement Program is a TRiO program funded by the U.S. Department of Education and designed to prepare and support underrepresented undergraduate students in their pursuit of doctoral studies.
Consider applying to the McNair Scholars Program at CSULB. The eligibility requirements are listed below and on the first page of the program application. If you have questions or want to learn more, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered for the TRiO McNair Scholars Program at California State University, Long Beach (CSULB), you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- A U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Currently enrolled at CSULB as an undergraduate with at least 3.00 cum GPA.
- Completed at least 60 units (transfer units included) by end of the current academic year.
- Must be considered:
- Both low-income based on federal income guidelines AND first generation status (parent/guardian did not earn a 4-year college degree); OR
- Member of an underrepresented minority group (e.g. Black/African American - non-Hispanic; Hispanic/Latino, American Indian/Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander)
- Intention to pursue and complete a Ph.D.