Well Woman Exam
What you need to know before your examination:
If your Family PACT card is expired, or if your last Well Woman Exam was LESS than 1 year ago, you will be responsible for all lab charges.
- Avoid putting anything in your vagina for 2 days prior to the appointment. This means: NO sexual intercourse, NO douching, NO vaginal cream, and NO tampons.
- Do not schedule your Well Woman Exam during your period. If you do get your period, please keep the appointment. Even though we may not be able to do the Pap/STI tests, we can do the rest of the physical exam.
- Family PACT will cover the cost of the Pap test, Chlamydia, Gonorrhea and Syphilis testing. If you do not have Family PACT, lab charges will vary depending on tests ordered.
- If you wish to enroll in Family PACT, call (562) 985-4771.
- For free HIV testing, contact the Health Resource Center @ (562) 985-4609 to schedule an appointment.
- If you are under 21 years of age, you will probably not need a Pap test. You will probably be asked for a urine sample, prior to the exam. Please do not urinate for at least one hour prior to the appointment. This urine sample is usually for the STI testing.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the appointment.
- If you are enrolled in Family PACT, you must bring your current (not expired) card along with your student ID. Give yourself 1 to 2 hours for entire Well Woman Exam visit.
- If you cannot make your appointment, please call to cancel/reschedule at (562) 985-4771.
- It is to your advantage that you attend a free, informational workshop in the Health Resource Center (room 268 of the SHS) prior to your appointment, especially if this is your first Well Woman Exam. This short workshop is called the Sexual Health Awareness Workshop (SHAW) and is offered many times throughout the week. Call (562) 985-4609 to schedule an appointment. You are welcome to bring your partner or friends. Click on the following link for more information SHAW