The Cancellation Policy for CSULB Housing Applications (if service fee and license has been submitted) reads as follows:
If you cancel for any reason, you will forfeit the $275 NON-REFUNDABLE service fee.
If you cancel less than 30 days before the start date on your license (August 19, 2017 for 2017-2018 Academic Year applicants), there will be a pro-rated penalty of approximately $34 per day added to the $275 NON-REFUNDABLE fee.
For example, if you cancel on July 25, 2017, which is 6 days after July 19, 2017 (or, 24 days before the contract begins), you will be charged approximately $204 ($34 x 6days), in addition to the $275 fee, making it a total of $479 as your cancellation fee.
Once you have moved into the residence halls and have been approved to cancel your license agreement, a cancellation fee of $200 plus any additional housing charges will be applied to all cancellations regardless of why you cancel.
STEPS TO CANCEL
- Go to the CSULB Housing Web Portal of our website.
- Log in and select "Application".
- Click on "Cancel" found at top right of timeline menu.
- Complete cancellation online.
- Print REFUND FORM - PDF, complete, sign and mail it to the CSULB Housing and Residential Life office.
* Please note that refunds can take up to 60 days to process after we receive the completed form.
Important information about Cancelling
YOU MUST cancel your license agreement online with the Housing office. Stop payment on checks or cancelling with university admissions does not cancel your housing agreement. (This includes denied admission; choosing not to attend CSULB, finding off campus housing, or etc.)