Early Academic Preparation (EAP)
CSULB COVID 19 Response
Until further notice, we are working remotely due to the university's COVID-19 response.
Fall 2020 applicants should continue to check their email regularly for communication from the university.
We are available to answer prospective student questions via email and we will respond as soon as possible.
For additional prospective student and parent information follow @beachaccessLB on Facebook and Instagram.
Information on the CSULB COVID 19 response can be found at: http://www.csulb.edu/covid-19
Welcome! Are you college ready? Together with University Outreach & School Relations (UOSR), EAP supports college readiness and early academic preparation. Please explore some of the resources and opportunities below to learn how you can become Beach Ready!
- Start your college and career planning on CaliforniaColleges.edu
- Are you a student in the Long Beach Unified School District? Learn about the benefits of the Long Beach College Promise
- 11th Grade CAASPP/SBAC testing helps the CSU determine your English & math readiness
- Online resources to help you better prepare for CAASPP
- Find out how the CSU determines English or math course placement - PDF for first-year college students
- Learn about transfer application process at the UOSR Transfer Admission workshop
- Review the CSULB minimum transfer requirements
- Map a guaranteed course to a Bachelor’s degree with the Associate’s Degree for Transfer (AA-T/AS-T).
- Find out how your California Community College courses will transfer by using Assist.org
- Local area admission preference for CSULB transfer applicants is based on high school graduation or military status
- Discover your options as an adult, returning, or non-traditional student by contacting University Outreach & School Relations' Adult Re-entry Support