CSULB Latina Connection Conference
Connecting, empowering and mentoring
The mission of the Latina Connection Conference (LCC) is to empower California State University, Long Beach (CSULB) Latina students in their educational endeavors through connection and mentorship with other Latina students, staff and faculty at CSULB.
Our goal is to encourage persistence and retention of Latinas by providing a space to share experiences and promote self awareness through reflection and dialogue.
The theme for this year's conference is Hoy, Manana y Siempre translated to today, tomorrow and always, which will focus on holistic personal and professional development.
Join us for this unique opportunity to connect with the Latina Community at CSULB on Friday, February 27, 2015 from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. in the University Student Union Ballrooms and begin your life long relationships.
Our vibrant strength as mujeres unidas exerts a beautiful melody from the heart
- The Latina Connection Conference (LCC) has helped me to gain a sense of network, something I felt I've never had since I'm extremely shy. It has also motivated me to step out of my comfort zone and look to join clubs on campus for resources and friendships.
- Attending the LCC gives me the opportunity to meet other Hispanic women and learn about how they are succeeding in their academic careers. From this I can improve my experience at Cal State Long Beach.
- I have met women here who inspire me to continue my education. I also met my law school mentor here.
- It has made me feel proud to be a Latina and increased my confidence in seeking out services & setting goals for myself. Like getting a Ph.D. in psychology
- It has helped me network with other student, faculty, & staff on campus. It has empowered me to continue my education.
- Motivation-and lots of it- It helps make me feel not alone. Thank you so much! Please keep this going.
- Network with other Latinas; meet new people; learn about resources on campus; connect with other Latina's stories; feel appreciated.
- LCC helped me see all the resources I have available and see that I'm not alone.
- It has made me more aware of myself and that I can accomplish anything if I try.
- It has created many connections with peers and faculty that have helped me through different life experiences and course work.