Skip to Local Navigation
Skip to Content
California State University, Long Beach
March 26: Important information about the university's response to COVID-19
CAMP, College Assistance Migrant Program
Print this pageAdd this page to your favoritesSelect a small fontSelect a medium fontSelect a large font

Frequently Asked Questions

  1. Do I qualify for CAMP if a relative other than my parents and siblings did this type of work?

    Grandparents, uncles, aunts, etc. can be used as a qualifying factor only if they are your legal guardians and/or are the primary source of household income.

  2. Do I need to have legal residency status to qualify for CAMP?

    YES. CAMP is a federally funded program, so you have to be a U.S. citizenship or Legal Permanent resident.

  3. Can a transfer student apply for CAMP?

    NO. Generally CAMP is for full time freshman students with no more than 30 units (remedial coursework does not count).

  4. If I was in the Migrant Education Program in the past and do not have an active “Certificate of Eligibility (COE),” do I still qualify for CAMP?

    YES. You do not need to have an active COE to be in CAMP.

  5. Are “Immigrants” and “Migrants” the same?

    NO. Migrant Workers are farm laborers that work in the fields, farms, etc. to harvest crops. It is a label for a type of job a person does. They can vary from US citizens to permanent residents who work in the United States agricultural industry. Their job requires them to travel from city to city following the different crop seasons or can remain in one geographic location to harvest seasonal crops. “Immigrants” are people who leave one country to settle permanently in another or people who comes to a country where they were not born in order to settle there.