ATI Timely Instructional Materials Subcommittee
Instructional materials and online course materials must be accessible to persons with disabilities, and to the extent possible, available at the same time for all students in a program. CSU policy states that, following consultation with local faculty senates, as appropriate, each campus should create a plan to support faculty and staff practices that will ensure timely access to instructional materials.
The initiative calls for developing processes for timely adoption of textbooks by faculty, identifying textbooks for late-hire faculty, early identification of students with disabilities who require instructional materials to be provided in an alternate format and assisting faculty in developing their own accessible materials.
- Shawana Dark, Associate Vice President, Academic Technology Services, Subcommittee Chair
- Luis Arroyo, Professor and Chair, Chicano and Latino Studies
- Paul Boyd-Batstone, Associate Professor, Teacher Education
- Velma Martin, Assistant Coordinator, High Tech Center
- Lisa Moske, Director, Instructional Tech Support Service, Academic Technology Services
- Don Penrod, Representative, 49er Shops
- Norbert Schurer, Professor, English
*In consultation with Faculty Advisory Committee on Technology