University Center for Undergraduate Advising
The UCUA is the primary advising center for:
- Undeclared majors
- CSULB students interested in exploring an alternative major
- Beach Learning Community participants
- CSULB students on academic probation
- Academically disqualified students seeking reinstatement to CSULB
For these populations, we provide:
- guidance in exploring and formulating academic plans;
- recommendations for personal growth and academic development opportunities;
- interpretation of academic requirements regarding institutional policies/procedures; (e.g., issues regarding repeat, withdrawal, unit limits, timely graduation, probation, and reinstatement);
- campus and community referrals when students encounter academic and non-academic challenges.
Your CSULB student ID card is required for service. Thanks!
Freshman Hold Release
Undeclared freshmen who wish to change the course schedule they enrolled in during SOAR must first obtain permission by submitting a Freshman Hold Release request.
Advisor Connect Button
Summer 2015 Office Hours:
The office is closed from 12 PM - 1:15 PM for lunch.
Walk-in advising hours are limited as advisors are supporting new freshmen and transfer students at SOAR each day.
Office: Horn Center, Suite 103
Phone: (562) 985-4837
NOTE: We provide services to current CSULB students. Prospective students should contact the office of Outreach and School Relations.