Skip to Local Navigation
Skip to Content
California State University, Long Beach
University Center for Undergraduate Advising
Print this pageAdd this page to your favoritesSelect a font sizeSelect a small fontSelect a medium fontSelect a large font

University Center for Undergraduate Advising

UCUA is the primary advising center for:
-undeclared students

-CSULB students interested in exploring majors or identifying an alternative major

-Beach Learning Community participants

-CSULB students on academic probation

-academically disqualified students seeking reinstatement to CSULB

For these populations, we provide:

-guidance in exploration of academic plans
-recommendations for personal growth and academic development
-explanation and interpretation of academic requirements and policies
-campus and community referrals when students encounter academic and non-academic challenges

Freshman Course Schedule Changes:

If you are an undeclared freshman and would like to make changes to the schedule you enrolled in at SOAR, you should visit the Center during Drop in Advising Hours or contact an advisor via email or phone.  Please include your full name, CSULB ID number, phone number, and e-mail address in any correspondance.


Your CSULB student ID card is required for service.  

Thank you!


Schedule an Appointment for
Advising and Tutoring

Student Success Collaborative - Advising and Tutoring Button
Student Success Collaborative (SSC)

Summer Drop In Advising Hours*:

Monday 8:30AM - 11:00AM
Tuesday 8:30AM - 11:00AM
Wednesday 9:30AM - 11:00AM
Thursday 8:30AM - 11:00AM

8:30AM - 11:00AM

*UCUA advisors assist new students each afternoon during SOAR. Hours are subject to change. Please check back weekly for updates.

Office: Horn Center, Suite 103

Phone: (562) 985-4837


NOTE:  We provide services to current CSULB students. Prospective students should contact the office of Outreach and School Relations.