The University Center for Undergraduate Advising (UCUA) is the primary advising center for:
- undeclared students,
- students interested in exploring major options or identifying an alternative major,
- Beach Learning Community (BLC) members,
- students seeking assistance in creating a strategy to improve grade point averages and clear academic probation,
- academically disqualified students seeking reinstatement to CSULB.
- guidance in exploration of academic plans,
- recommendations for personal growth and academic development,
- explanation and interpretation of academic requirements and policies,
- referrals to campus resources.
Freshman Course Schedule Changes:
If you are an undeclared freshman and would like to make changes to the schedule you enrolled in at SOAR, you should visit the Center during drop in advising hours or contact an advisor via email or phone. Please include your full name, CSULB ID number, phone number, and e-mail address in any correspondance.
Your CSULB student ID card is required for service.
Please note: appointment availability will begin August 31, 2016. UCUA will serve students on a drop in basis August 22 through August 30, 2016.
Fall Drop In Advising Hours*:
|Monday||8:30am - 4:30pm|
|Tuesday||8:30am - 4:30pm|
|Wednesday||9:30am - 4:30pm|
|Thursday||8:30am - 4:30pm|
8:30am - 12:00pm
2:00pm - 3:30pm
* Hours are subject to change. Please check back weekly for updates.
Office: Horn Center, Suite 103
Phone: (562) 985-4837
NOTE: We provide services to current CSULB students. Prospective students should contact the office of Outreach and School Relations.