- The PI shall submit a Budget Summary Form for each new award.
- The Budget and Budget Justification Forms shall match the sponsoring guideline budget request.
- The Budget and Budget Justification shall mimic each other (numeric doc and word justification doc).
- The PI’s spending projections shall be sufficiently accurate so that re-budgeting can be avoided.
- PI's shall observe the procedures for developing budgets for Fixed Price Contracts Fixed Price Contract Policy
Budget Templates and Justification
Changes to Budget (Note: applicable after the initial Clearance has been completed but prior to submission to the sponsoring agency & before awarded)
2nd Clearance is only required when there is a modest change that does not involve a change in the Scope of Work that is 20% more or less of the total budget.
Facilities & Administrative Costs (F&A)
Federal F&A rate Agreement
University F&A Practices and Procedures
CSULB Requirement: PI must dedicate at least 1% or .01 months to the project budget otherwise proposal will bear voluntary committed cost sharing which is not allowed under CSULB policy unless approved by the AVP for Research.
Fringe Benefit Information