Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)
Formerly Animal Welfare Board (AWB)
CSULB Administrative Regulation: Institutional Animal Care & Use Committee
The CSULB IACUC shall be appointed by the President with membership to include:
- One non-University representative conversant with the general principles of research involving animals to represent general community interests in proper care and use of animals;
- One Doctor of Veterinary Medicine;;
- Two tenured members of the University faculty at the rank of full or associate professor with significant experience in sponsored research using animals;
- One member from a nonscientific background from inside or outside the University ;
- The Director for Research Integrity and Compliance;
- The Research Facilities Coordinator (non-voting)
- The Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs or Designee.
The period of service for the non-University representatives and for members of the University shall be for a period of three years.
Staff to IACUC:
- Research Facilities Coordinator
- IACUC Administrative Support