Office of Research & Sponsored Programs
Research News and Announcements
Grant Development BeachBoard
Attention Faculty and Staff!!!
A new resource has been created to help you develop a grant proposal. That resource is called the Grant Development BeachBoard and is now available to you.
The site gives you access to:
- Successfully Funded Proposal Narratives, Project Summaries and Abstracts
- Links to Funding Opportunities and Grant Search Tools
- Proposal Development Support
- Data Management Plan Development Resources
- CSULB Institutional Data
- College Grant Announcements
- Links to CSULB Research News
Our goal is to provide the resources that you need to succeed, so we will continue to add new resources to the site. Please contact Jacqueline Wilvers to be included today at Jacqueline.Wilvers@csulb.edu or 562-985-1065. Thank you!
NSF Issues New PAPPG and Information
NSF announced that the revised Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide (PAPPG), (NSF 16-1) has been issued. The new PAPPG will be effective for proposals submitted, or due, on or after January 25, 2016.
Significant changes include:
- Enforcement of 5 p.m. submitter’s local time across all NSF funding opportunities;
- Implementation of NSF’s Public Access Policy;
- Submission of proposal certifications by the Authorized Organizational Representative (AOR) concurrently with proposal submission;
- NSF’s implementation of the US Government Policy for Institutional Oversight of Life Sciences on Dual Use Research of Concern;
- Provision of Collaborators and Other Affiliations information as a new single-copy document, instead of as part of the Biographical Sketch;
- Submission of Biographical Sketches and Current and Pending Support separately for each senior personnel;
- Electronic signature and submission of notifications and requests by the AOR only;
- Revision of timeframe for submission of final project reports, project outcomes reports and financial closure of awards to 120 days after the award end date; and
- Numerous clarifications throughout the document.
Grants and Contracts Budgeting Updates
The California State University Long Beach Research Foundation’s federally negotiated Indirect Cost Recovery (IDC) rates from July 1, 2015-June 30, 2016 for grants and contracts are as follows:
Indirect Cost Recovery
- On Campus Organized Research 46.5%
- On Campus Instruction 50.5%
- Off Campus Organized Research 26.0%
- Off Campus Instruction 26.0%
If you have any questions about these rates or general budget preparation questions, please contact your Pre Awards Specialist.
- David Smith-CHHS, COE, Student Affairs David.Smith@csulb.edu x55330
- Nora Momoli-CNSM, CCPE Nora.Momoli@csulb.edu x51567
- Monida Hean-CLA Monida.Hean@csulb.edu x55633
- Nazareth Lijiam-COTA, CBA, CED Nazareth.Lijiam@csulb.edu x52478