Critical Thinking (PCT)
GOAL: To develop reasonable, clear positions and draw conclusions based on a synthesis of appropriate, valid evidence from a variety of sources
as measured by students being able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of the formal and informal fallacies of language and thought.
- Demonstrate the ability to distinguish matters of fact from issues of judgment or opinion.
- Analyze, criticize, and advocate ideas.
- Reason inductively and deductively.
- Reach well-supported factual or judgmental conclusions.