The following are required for admission to the program:
1. Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
2. 15 upper-division units in education.
3. Minimum 2.85 overall grade point average in last degree (not credential or certificate) earned from an accredited institution of higher education. Applicants whose overall GPA is less than 2.85 but meet the University minimum GPA requirement and who present compelling evidence of academic and professional potential either through recent academic performance and/or experiential background, may be considered for admission at the discretion of the program admission committee.
4. International applicants have additional university application requirements including meeting the English language proficiency requirement. Please visit The Center for International Education (CIE) website at www.csulb.edu/cie for more information.
5. An entity that operates a program for the Preliminary Administrative Services Credential shall determine, prior to recommending a candidate for the credential, that the candidate possesses a baccalaureate degree and a valid teaching credential; or a services credential with a specialization in pupil personnel services, library services, health services, or clinical rehabilitative services; or a designated subjects credential and a baccalaureate degree.
An application and directions can be downloaded at www.ced.csulb.edu/graduate/application-packets. Preference will be given to individuals with 3 or more years of classroom teaching and/or related educational experiences.
Prerequisite: Enrollment in courses is contingent upon acceptance in the Educational Administration program and the University. Candidates who have not been accepted in the program may not enroll in Educational Administration courses.
1. Take all of the following:
2. The CBEST must be passed prior to entrance into EDAD 680. The CBEST must be taken no later than the second available test administration date following enrollment in the program.
1. Verification of five years of successful experience in a position requiring one of the credentials in Item #2 of the "Clear Admission Requirements" (see above);
2. Verification of completion of the State requirement of a mainstreaming course or approved equivalent coursework;
3. Presentation of a professional Exit Portfolio to program faculty with program artifacts of course and field related experiences documenting the candidate's competence and readiness to serve as a school administrator.