The 27-unit credential program in Teacher Librarian Services prepares students for service as a teacher librarian, grades PK-adult, in the State of California. The coursework can also be applied to the Masters of Arts in Education, Option in Educational Technology and Media Leadership.
1. Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
2. Minimum 3.0 overall grade point average in the last 60 semester (90 quarter) units of coursework.
3. Valid California teaching credential.
4. Passage of California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST) or equivalent.
5. International applicants have additional university application requirements including meeting the English language proficiency requirement. Please visit The Center for International Education (CIE) website at www.csulb.edu/cie for more information.
An application and directions can be downloaded at www.ced.csulb.edu/graduate/application-packets. Candidates may bring in a maximum of 6 units through extension courses. A working knowledge of word processing, databases, spreadsheets, desktop publishing, presentation software, Internet searching and email usage is expected.
1. Complete the following core courses (24 units):
2. Field Experience (3 units):