Minor in Computer Science Applications
This minor is not open to students majoring in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
This minor is designed to prepare students to write small programs and to maintain and upgrade PC software and hardware as well as understand how to set up a local area network. In addition it prepares students to be able to design and implement web applications.
Completion of 18 units.
Complete the 12 core units:
- CECS 110 Beginning Web Design (3)
*"C" or better required.
- CECS 174 Intro to Programming & Problem
Prerequisite: CECS 100 and MATH 113 (or equivalent) all with a grade of "C" or better.
- CECS 200 Intermediate Web Design (3)
Prerequisite: CECS 110 with a grade of "C" or better.
Prerequisite/Corequisite: CECS 100.
- CECS 410 Computers and Networks (3)
Prerequisite: Course design assumes familiarity with computers.
Complete 6 units from the following list of electives:
- CECS 300, CECS 412; IS 300, IS 340, IS 343; ETEC 435.