Master of Science in Computer Science - Option in Computer Engineering
This option offers advanced study in the theory, analysis, design and applications of both computer hardware and software.
Students should meet with the Adviser at the beginning of the first semester and make a tentative plan of study. The detailed list of required and allowed elective courses for the option is available from the Web site of the Graduate Program Adviser:
- 1. Course Option
- A. 9 units of required courses specified for the area of concentration;.
- B. 21 units from allowed electives for the concentration (no more than 9 units may be from the 400 level courses);
- C. Comprehensive examination covered the following required courses: CECS 530, CECS 532, and CECS 561..
- 2. Thesis Option: (Successful completion of a thesis provides a unifying culmination to the program, and an enhanced resume for future industrial or academic endeavors)
- A. 9 units of required courses specified for the area of concentration;
- B. 15 units from allowed electives for the concentration (No more than 9 units may be from the 400 level courses.);
- C. 6 units of thesis with written report and oral presentation approved by the thesis committee. At least 3 units must be taken from CECS 698 and the remaining 3 units may be taken from either CECS 697 or CECS 698.
Computer Engineering and Computer Science