The mission of the civil engineering graduate program at CSULB is to provide a high-quality educational experience and the technical specialization required to become successful leaders in industry and the society, to engage students in innovative practical research and encourage them to pursue advanced degrees and lifelong learning.
Graduates of the MSCE program will:
1. have technical competency in an area of specialization.
2. have technical knowledge and skills needed to conduct independent and/or innovative research.
3. keep current with state of the art technologies and advancements in a specialized technical area.
1. A bachelor's degree in an ABET accredited curriculum in civil engineering or a closely related engineering degree with a minimum GPA of 2.8, with the requirement that essential undergraduate prerequisites in civil engineering are satisfied;
2. The general Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is required and appropriate level of competency will be determined by the Department.
3. Graduate students must consult with the graduate advisor for information concerning procedures and requirements for appropriate approval of their courses of study prior to enrolling in their graduate programs.
The Graduation Writing Assessment Requirement (GWAR) must be met during the first semester in residence. Failure to attempt to fulfill the GWAR during the first semester will prevent registration in engineering courses in subsequent semesters.
1. Removal of all undergraduate deficiencies as determined by the Department Graduate Studies Committee;
2. Completion of at least 12 graduate units at CSULB; minimum GPA of 3.0; currently enrolled;
3. Fulfillment of the Graduation Writing Assessment Requirement (GWAR).
1. Completion of 31 units of graduate coursework as follows: