Master of Science in Science Education - Option in Secondary Science Education
This option is aimed at teachers with a Single Subject credential in Science. Graduate students complete 9 units of graduate work in a Science discipline.
Program of Study
The Program of Study (30 units) includes successful completion of:
1. Take all the following Science Education core courses:
- SCED 550 Current Issues and Research in Science Education (3)
Prerequisite: Admission to M.S. in Science Education program.
- SCED 551 Science Teaching, Learning and Curriculum Models (3)
Prerequisites: Admission to M.S. in Science Education program and SCED 550 or prior consent of instructor.
- SCED 552 Nature of Science (3)
Prerequisites: Admission to M.S. in Science Education program and SCED 550.
- SCED 560 Science Education Research Methods (3)
Prerequisites: Admission to the M.S. in Science Education Program.
- SCED 697 Directed Research (1-3)
Prerequisites: Consent of instructor and admission to M.S. in Science Education program.
2. Take 9 units of graduate level science
- (chosen in consultation with advisor)
3. Take the following course:
- SCED 698 Thesis (1-3)
Prerequisites: Advancement to Candidacy for the M.S. in Science Education, 18 units of coursework required for M.S. Science Education completed, and consent of the chair of the thesis committee.
4. Take 3 elective units (chosen in consultation with advisor).