Minor in Psychology
The Minor in Psychology is available to any non-Psychology major. Due to the impacted status of the Psychology Department, students wishing to earn a minor must earn a "C" or better in PSY 100, PSY 210 and PSY 220, prior to taking any other PSY courses that will count toward the minor.
A minimum of 23 units will be required; 9 of which must be upper division.
Take all the following courses:
- PSY 100 General Psychology (3)
PrerequisiteCorequisite: GE A1 requirement.
- PSY 210 Introductory Statistics (4)
* "C" or better required
Prerequisites: PSY 100, GE A1 requirement, and eligible to take a General Education Mathematics course.
- PSY 220 Research Methods (4)
Prerequisites: : PSY 100; PSY 210 or SOC 250 or HDEV 250 with a grade of ‘C’ or better, and Completion of GE A1 (Written Communication) requirement.
- PSY 241 Psychobiology (3)
Prerequisites: PSY 100, GE A1 requirement.
Take 9 upper-division psychology units including at least one course from the following courses:
- PSY 331, PSY 332, PSY 333; PSY 336, PSY 337; PSY 340 or PSY 341 or PSY 342; and at least one course from PSY 351, PSY 356; PSY 361 or PSY 365; and one upper division Psychology elective.