This certificate is open to students from any field who desire graduate level training for teaching English to speakers of other languages. While the program may be begun as an undergraduate, at least 18 units must be completed as a post-baccalaureate student.
This certificate program is eligible for Financial Aid. Please see the department web site for required Federal disclosure information.
1. Baccalaureate degree with a GPA of 3.0 on last 60 units.
2. LING 325 Modern English Grammar (3) (or equivalent)
1. Twenty-four units, including:
NOTE: Categories (A-C) combined need only equal 24 units.
2. A GPA of 3.0 in all courses included in the program.
3. Fulfill the Graduation Writing Assessment Requirement (GWAR).
4. One course in each of the following eight categories:
Students who have taken equivalent courses in the above categories but need units to complete certificate requirements may elect to take courses as advised. Students wanting graduate credit for 400-level courses which have not been approved for graduate credit by the home department must consult with the Program Director or Graduate Advisor before enrolling. Courses with an "I" suffix are not available for graduate credit, but may be used for the Certificate if they were taken while the student was an undergraduate.