1. A bachelor of arts degree in French, or:
2. A bachelor's degree with a minimum of 24 upper-division units in French, comparable to those required of a major in French at this University. Deficiencies will be determined by the advisor after consultation with the student and study of transcript records.
1. Approval of the graduate program by the graduate advisor, the faculty advisor and/or departmental committee, and the College of Liberal Arts Associate Dean of Graduate Studies.
2. The candidate should file for advancement upon completion of 6 units and preferably no more than 9 units on the program. A 3.0 GPA is required.
3. Fulfillment of the Graduation Writing Assessment Requirement (GWAR).
1. Completion of a minimum of 30 units of approved upper-division and graduate courses, with a minimum of 24 units in the 500 and 600 series in French;
2. Specifically required courses include:
*students with a BA in French from CSULB see advisor
3. Two years of one of the following languages: Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, German, or Russian, or pass an examination at intermediate level in one of those languages. Major or minor in a second foreign language may be used to fulfill this requirement, upon approval by the Department. For other languages, consult the Graduate Advisor:
4. Maintain a GPA of at least "B" (3.0) in the major;
5. Pass comprehensive examinations on the Graduate Reading List in three areas to be selected by student upon consultation with Graduate Advisor;
6. No more than six units of transfer graduate credits are allowed, subject to approval by the Graduate Advisor. No more than six units of International Programs course work may be credited toward the 24-unit French requirement for the MA at this univeristy;
7. Teaching Associates must take RGR 601, Teaching Methodology. These units do not count toward the required 30 units for completion of the MA.