The Department of Kinesiology offers one certificate program. The certificate program are open to students enrolled in the University who meet general admission requirements as follows:
- 1. Completion of 30 hours of course work;
- 2. A minimum 2.75 GPA in all completed course work;
- 3. Admission application and approval by a faculty committee in the certificate program selected.
Certificate in Wilderness Studies
Program is under consideration for discontinuance.
Students may only pursue the certificate program in combination with a CSULB degree program.
1. Wilderness First Responder (WFR) Certification (80 hours)
2. Resume of Outdoor Experiences
3. Coursework (27-29 units):
Take all of the following:
- KIN 242 Backpacking (2)
- KIN 244 Kayaking (2)
- KIN 246A Mountaineering (2)
- KIN 247A Techniques of Rockclimbing (2)
- KIN 242, KIN 244, KIN 246A or KIN 247A, KIN 243C or KIN 245A. Certification in CPR and First Aid, and consent of instructor.
- REC 427 Legal Aspects of Leisure Services (3)
Prerequisites: Upper division standing.
Select one of the following:
Select three of the following:
- KIN 243A, KIN 243C*, KIN 245A; REC 430.
*if not taken above