Adapted Physical Education Specialist Teaching Authorization
This program is designed for students interested in the administration and implementation of physical activity programs for persons with disabilities in K-12 schools. Completion of this program results in the Adapted Physical Education added authorization for holders of a current Single Subject, Multiple Subject, or Education Specialist basic teaching credential.
1. Bachelor's degree;
2. Concurrent enrollment in or completion of the Single Subject Physical Education teaching credential program or the Multiple Subject or Education Specialist teaching credential program;
3. Take the following courses:
- KIN 320 Adapted Physical Education (3)
Prerequisites: BIOL 208.
- KIN 387 Physical Activities for the Disabled (3)
Prerequisites: KIN 320.
- KIN 388 Program Planning and Instruction in Adapted Physical Education (3)
Prerequisites: KIN 387. Corequisites: KIN 489A.
- KIN 427 Physical and Motor Assessment (3)
Prerequisites: KIN 315 or equivalent and KIN 320 or equivalent; upper-division undergraduate or graduate standing; consent of instructor required for graduate students prior to registration.
- KIN 489A Field Work in Physical Activity Settings (6)
Prerequisites: Completion of Kinesiology course requirements for the major option in which field work is taken.
- EDSP 350 Education of Exceptional Individuals (3)
Select two courses from the following:
- ED P 405; EDSP 577, EDSP 578; KIN 526; LING 151.