Option in International Business (120 units)
**The below information has been altered from the published version of the catalog. Information regarding Spanish electives have been updated to correct a typo. ANTH 423 is no longer listed. A list of differences in the online and published version of the catalog is available. **
This option prepares students for an increasingly competitive and interdependent international business world and offers information about how international business practices and customs differ from those in the U.S. Students need some familiarity with a language other than English as well as knowledge of culture and world geography.
1. Take all of the following:
- ACCT 465 International Accounting (3)
Prerequisites: ACCT 201, ACCT 202, IS 301.
- FIN 490 International Finance (3)
Prerequisites: FIN 300, IS 301
- MKTG 480 International Marketing (3)
Prerequisite: MKTG 300, IS 301.
Take one of the following:
- MGMT 405 International & Comparative Management (3)
Prerequisites: MGMT 300, IS 301.
- MGMT 406 International Business Policy (3)
Prerequisite: MGMT 300, IS 301.
2. Take one of the following courses:
- BLAW 424, CBA 493 (subject to approval of the Program Director), CBA 494 (A or B), HRM 458, MKTG 481, and MGMT 405 or MGMT 406 (whichever was not taken in satisfaction of requirement #1)
3. Two years (4 semesters or 6 quarters finishing at the level of 201B or its equivalent) at the baccalaureate level of one of the following languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, or Spanish. Under individual, special circumstances, the Director of the International Business Option may approve a language other than those listed above to satisfy the language requirement for a degree in the option.
4. Choice of the language will determine the country or geographic area of the world about which the student must study a minimum of 2 courses (6 units).
These will be in lieu of 6 other elective units, and can be double counted as part of the student's general education requirement, if approved to meet GE requirements.
General Education or Elective Courses
Select two courses (6 units), appropriate for your choice of language:
- ANTH 412; COMM 330, 452; I/ST 317, I/ST 318, I/ST 319, I/ST 355; LING 413, LING 425, LING 470; POSC 371, POSC 485; WGSS 401.
- ARAB 250; CWL 402; GEOG 309L; HIST 394, HIST 428, HIST 432; POSC 367; R/ST 331.
- ANTH 332; A/ST 307, A/ST 310, A/ST 495; CHIN 301, CHIN 350, CHIN 370; CWL 403; HIST 382B, HIST 406A; POSC 362; R/ST 341.
- CWL 330A,B; GEOG 316; HIST 337, HIST 339; POSC 353; FREN 335, FREN 336 or courses taken at a specified French university with which CSULB has an exchange agreement and taught by instructors from CSULB may be approved by the Director of the International Business Program in partial or full satisfaction of this requirement.
- CWL 330A, CWL 330B; GEOG 316; HIST 337, HIST 339, HIST 437; POSC 353; GERM 380, GERM 415, GERM 416.
- CWL 330A, CWL 330B; GEOG 316; HIST 337, HIST 339; POSC 353.
- ANTH 335; A/ST 307, A/ST 310; CWL 403; HIST 383B, HIST 384, HIST 406A, HIST 407; JAPN 350, JAPN 451, JAPN 471; R/ST 341, R/ST 344.
Portuguese or Spanish:
- ANTH 324, ANTH 432; CWL 440; HIST 364, HIST 462, HIST 463; POSC 358, POSC 481; SPAN 330, SPAN 335A, SPAN 335B, SPAN 341, SPAN 430, SPAN 445.
- GEOG 318; HIST 341B; RUSS 310, RUSS 410.