Pilot Conversion Procedures
For a pilot program to continue beyond the five-year limit, the department or program must prepare a standard proposal using the CSU Office of the Chancellor template to convert the program from a pilot to regular status. To qualify for conversion to regular program status and approval to continue to operate indefinitely, all of the following conditions must be met:
- 1. The campus committed the resources necessary to maintain the program beyond five years.
- 2. A thorough program evaluation (including an onsite review by one or more external experts in the field) showing the program to be of high quality; to be attractive to students; and to produce graduates attractive to prospective employers and/or graduate programs, as appropriate.
- 3. Approval by the CSU Office of the Chancellor, Board of Trustees and, as appropriate, by CPEC.
The department or program shall prepare a comprehensive packet of materials including:
- the program proposal in template format, including the Faculty Check List,
- a completed "Coversheet for Program Projection, Implementation and Major Program Change" form (Attachment 2.3),
- a completed "Proposal for Implementing New Degree, Option, Certificate or Minor" (Attachment 2.5), and
- a copy of the program review.