Master of Arts in Kinesiology
Five options are under the Master of Arts degree in Kinesiology. The core courses for thesis students are KIN 696 and 698. The core course for comprehensive examination students is KIN 696.
Option in Coaching and Student-Athlete Development
1. Take the following courses:
- KIN 512 Legal and Ethical Issues in Sport (3)
Prerequisites: Graduate standing; admission into the Kinesiology Graduate Sport Management Program; or consent of instructor.
- KIN 577 Sport in U.S. Culture (3)
Prerequisites: KIN 332I or equivalent.
- KIN 696 Research Methods and Statistical Analysis (3)
Prerequisites: Undergraduate major in Kinesiology or related field, undergraduate Statistic course or equivalent.
2. For Student-Athlete Development students:
- KIN 523 Theory and Practice of College Teaching in Kinesiology (3)
Prerequisites: Graduate standing.
3. For Coaching students:
- KIN 575 Psychology of Coaching (3)
Prerequisites: KIN 339I; upper division standing or consent of instructor or graduate standing.
4. Student-Athlete Development Students select five from the following list of elective courses:
- KIN 572, 573, 575, 578, 593A, 597 or 697, 633; KIN/COUN 539; COUN 515.
5. Coaching students select five from the following list of elective courses:
- KIN 523, 540, 551, 560, 562, 571, 572, 573, 593A, 593B, 597 or 697, 630, 633, KIN/COUN 539.
6. Thesis/Project students complete the following course:
- KIN 698 Thesis/Project (4)
Prerequisites: KIN 590, 696, advancement to candidacy.
7. Comprehensive exam students complete a minimum of 9 additional elective units from #4 or 5 above that do not duplicate a previous selection.