Credential for Service in Public Education Speech-Language Pathology Services Credential (code 912)
1. Complete the master's degree in speech-language pathology.
2. Complete the following courses:
- EDSP 350 Education of Exceptional Individuals (3)
- CD 575 Educational Topics in Speech-Language Pathology (2)
- C D 483 Assessment of Monolingual & Bilingual Clients (3)
Prerequisites: CD 261, 271, 329 and 330.
- C D 489 Management of Monolingual and Bilingual Clients (3)
Prerequisites: CD 456, 466, 476, 481A, 481B and 483. CD 456, 466, 481A and 481B may be taken concurrently
- C D 686A Advanced Field Studies with Communication Handicapped (5)
(in order to complete a minimum of 100 contact hours as a Speech-Language Specialist trainee in school setting)
Prerequisites: Passing of CBEST, completion of CD 662, 664, 665, 666 and all but one of the following: CD 669A, 669C, 669D, 669F, 669J.