Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Admission Under Impaction
Refer to the following website for additional impaction criteria: http://www.csulb.edu/depts/enrollment/admissions/impacted_major.html.
In order to graduate with an undergraduate business degree from CSULB, a student must complete a minimum of 120 units. A majority of the upper division business courses, including economics and statistics, must be completed at this university. For details, refer to the CBA Policy on Course Transfers/Substitutions.
1. Lower Division:
Take all of the following:
- ACCT 201 Elementary Financial Accounting (3)
- ECON 100 Principles of Macroeconomics (3)
Prerequisites: MATH 103 or higher; one GE Foundation course.
- ECON 101 Principles of Microeconomics (3)
Prerequisite/Corequisite: MATH 103 or higher.
- MATH 115 Calculus for Business (4)
Prerequisite: Appropriate ELM score, ELM exemption, or MAPB 11.
- STAT 108 Statistics for Everyday Life (3)
2.Critical Thinking Course Requirements:
Choose one of the following:
- PHIL 170 Critical Reasoning (3)
Prerequisite/Corequisite: GE Foundation requirements Category A.1 (Written English).
- I S 100 Information Technology Literacy (3)
3. All business and pre-business majors shall demonstrate computer literacy and competency prior to taking junior and senior level courses. Requires one of the following:
A. Passing score (70%) on the Computer Proficiency Examination (CPE).
B. With Credit (Cr) or "C" or better grade in a transfer equivalent course, complete:
- IS 233 Introduction to Computer Systems and Applications (3)
4. Upper Division:
A. Take all of the following:
- CBA 300 International Business (3)
- ACCT 310 Cost Accounting for Managers (3)
Prerequisites: ACCT 201 or equivalent.
- ECON 333 Managerial Economics (3)
Prerequisites: ECON 100, 101; MATH 115 or 122.
- FIN 300 Business Finance (3)
- BLAW 320 Legal and Regulatory Environment of
- IS 300 Management Information Systems (3)
Prerequisite: IS 233 or equivalent.
- IS 301 Business Communications (3)
- IS 310 Business Statistics (3)
Prerequisite: MATH 114.
- HRM 360 Organizational Behavior (3)
- MGMT 300 Principles of Management (3)
- MKTG 300 Marketing (3)
B. The following Capstone course must be taken at CSULB as a senior and after the upper-division prerequisite core courses have been completed
(ACCT 310, FIN 300, MGMT 300, MKTG 300, IS 301):
- MGMT 425 Business Strategy and Policy (3)
Prerequisites: ACCT 310 or 320; MGMT 300, MKTG 300, FIN 300, IS 301.
C. Completion of option requirements.
5. Elective courses to total 120 units. Students are encouraged to select electives for expansion of knowledge and intellectual interests as well as for preparation for business employment.