Option in Theatre Management
The option in Theatre Management requires work in a number of different areas including front of house, box office management, press relations, outreach, development, contracts, and fundraising. Successful completion of different assignments in each area is necessary for advancement in the program. 60 units required.
- Take all of the following:
- THEA 502 Seminar in Theatre Management I (3)
- THEA 503 Leadership and the Arts (3)
- THEA 504 Managing Not-For-Profit Arts Organization (3)
- THEA 507 Entertainment Law (3)
- THEA 517 Repertory Theatre I (4)
- THEA 518 Repertory Theatre II (4)
- THEA 519 Repertory Theatre III (4)
- THEA 523 Theory & Practice of Contemporary Theatre (3)
- THEA 524 Dramaturgy (3)
- THEA 550 Computer Graphics for Theatre (3)
- THEA 602 Seminar in Theatre Management II (6)
- THEA 603 Producing Commercial Theatre (3)
- THEA 696 Aesthetic Theory and Conceptualization (3)
- THEA 699 MFA Thesis/Project (3)
- MKTG 500 Marketing Concepts (3)
- ACCT 500 Managerial and Financial Accounting (3)
- Take 6 units of electives.
Electives with advisors approval may be taken from the University at large.