Advanced Studies in Education and Counseling
Teacher Librarian Services Credential (code 700)
The 28-unit program in Teacher Librarian Services prepares students for service as a teacher librarian, grades K-12, in the State of California For additional information go to www.csulb.edu/lmt.
- 1. Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
- 2. Minimum 3.0 overall grade point average in the last 60 semester (90 quarter) units of coursework.
- 3. Valid California teaching credential.
- 4. Passage of California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST) or equivalent.
- 5. For international students whose primary language is not English, minimum score of 550 on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
An application and directions can be downloaded at www.ced.csulb.edu/graduate/application-packets. Candidates may bring in a maximum of 6 units through extension courses. A working knowledge of word processing, databases, spreadsheets, desktop publishing, presentation software, Internet searching and e-mail usage is expected.
- 1. Core Course (3 units):
- EDCI 625 Analysis of Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment (3) (or equivalent)
- 2. Specialization Courses (21 units):
- ELIB 510 Collection Development (3)
- ELIB 520 Information Literacy and Reference Services (3)
- ELIB 530A Library Media Materials for Elementary Grades (K-5) (3)
- ELIB 530B Library Media Materials for Secondary Grades (6-12) (3)
- ELIB 540 Organization of Information (3)
- ELIB 550 Management of Information Organizations (3)
- ELIB 570 Library Media Technologies (3)
- 3. Field Experience (4 units):
- ELIB 580 Field Experience in Libraries (3)