Skip to Local Navigation
Skip to Content
California State University, Long Beach
CSULB Hillside
Print this page Add this page to your favorites Select a font size Select a small font Select a medium font Select a large font


Undergraduate Programs

Graduate Credit Earned as an Undergraduate Chemistry or Biochemistry Major

Graduate credit usually may not be earned in advance of the baccalaureate degree. However, based upon the recommendation of the Department Chairman and the Chairman of the Department Graduate Studies Committee, academic performance (a grade point average of 3.00 overall and 3.00 in the major), and promise of academic achievement in postgraduate study, a student in his/her senior year may be granted approval to earn a maximum of 12 units of course work in the 400 and 500 level taken at this University toward his/her prospective graduate program, subject to the following conditions:

  • 1. The course work must be in addition to that required by the Department for the B.A. or B.S. degree in Chemistry or the B.S. degree in Biochemistry.
  • 2. The undergraduate student must have a "Petition to Earn Credit in the Senior Year" approved by the appropriate Department Graduate Advisor, the Associate Dean for Graduate Accountability in the College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, and the Dean of Graduate Studies.