Minor in Chemistry (code CHEMUM01)
The Minor in Chemistry is available to any non-Chemistry or non-Biochemistry major.
A minimum of 20 units of chemistry which must include:
- CHEM 111A General Chemistry (5)
- CHEM 111B General Chemistry (5)
A minimum of nine units must be taken from upper division chemistry courses.
- There are three Organic Chemistry paths. Students may use courses from only one of the paths to meet the requirements of the minor.
- CHEM 327 Fundamentals of Organic Chemistry (3)
- CHEM 320A Organic Chemistry (3)
- CHEM 320B Organic Chemistry (5)
- CHEM 322A Organic Chemistry (3)
- CHEM 322B Organic Chemistry (3)
- CHEM 323A Organic Chemistry Laboratory (1)
- CHEM 323B Organic Chemistry Laboratory (1)
The following are not acceptable towards the minor:
- CHEM 100, 101, 105, 140, 302.