Minor in Biology (code BIOLUM01)
This minor may be combined with any major at CSULB except the B.S. in Biology (all options), B.S. in Microbiology, and B.S. in Marine Biology. A minimum of 21 units is required for this minor.
- Take all of the following courses:
- BIOL 211 Evolution and Diversity (4)
- BIOL 212 Introduction to Cell & Molecular Biology (4)
- BIOL 213 Introduction to Ecology and Physiology (4)
- CHEM 111A and 111B are required if the courses are taken at CSULB.
- NOTE: BIOL 111, 111L, 212, 212L, 213, 213L are required if courses were taken prior to catalog year 2010-11.
The following courses do not meet any specific or elective requirements for this minor: BIOL 100, 153, 153L, 200, 200L, 205, 205L, 207, 208; MICR 101 and 200.
- Take a minimum of nine units selected from upper division biology courses with at least one course selectedfrom the 400 series. The nine units must include at least one course chosen from BIOL 312, 340, 350, and 370. Many of the upper division courses in biology also require either BIOL 260 or organic chemistry.
The following courses do not meet any specific or elective requirements for this minor: BIOL 301, 304, 305, 308, MICR 300I, 429, and NSCI 492.