Bachelor of Arts in German
(code RGR_BA02) (120 units)
In this program, efforts are made to accommodate needs of students who simultaneously pursue a major in Business, Engineering, or a certificate in Travel and Tourism.
- One year of intermediate German or equivalent. Students who have completed sufficient high-school German may take upper-division courses as soon as lower-division requirements have been met. Native speakers of German may not enroll for credit in 101A/B or 201A/B.
Upper Division (minimum 33 units, 36 for Single Subject):
- Take all of the following courses:
- GERM 301 Fiction and Fact: Short Texts (3)
- GERM 302 Language of the German Media (3)
- GERM 415 Survey of German Literature and Culture I (3)
- GERM 416 Survey of German Literature and Culture II (3)
- Take 12 units of the following literature and culture courses taught in German:
- GERM 430, 440, 450, 458, 459, 460, and 498
- Consult with the major advisor for course selection.
- Studies or an internship in a German-speaking country and will assist in such plans.