Minor in Classical Studies
This minor is offered to students majoring in any subject. Interested students should contact the Classics Advisor prior to or during the first semester of taking courses.
The Minor consists of a minimum of 20 units that must include a minimum of 9 units of upper division coursework selected from the following:
- 1. Take two courses in Latin or Greek in the same language.
- 2. Take a minimum of two courses from the following:
- CLSC 100, 101, 110, 130, 201, 202, 300I, 340, 380, 410I, 420I, 430, 440, 490; CWL 452 (with an appropriate topic); or additional courses in Latin or Greek, not necessarily in the same language as selected in (1).
- 3. Take a minimum of two courses from the following:
- CLSC 311I or HIST 310I; CLSC 312I, or HIST 312I; CLSC 350; HIST 313, 314; PHIL 421, 422; AH 408, 416, 417; ANTH 140, 450; POSC 301; R/ST 471I.