Recreation and Leisure Studies
Certificate in Administration of Campus Recreation and Student Service Programs (code REC_CT05)
This certificate is for those looking to be Certified Recreation Sports Specialist through NIRSA. It will prepare them for the certification examination.
Twenty-four (24) units of core requirements including:
- Take all of the following courses:
- REC 321 Leadership in Rec and Leisure Studies (3)
- REC 322 Recreational Sports Supervision (3)
- REC 324 Campus Recreation Services (3)
- REC 325 Adv Program and Event Management (3)
- REC 421 Supervisory and Administrative Practices (3)
- REC 427 Legal Aspects of Leisure Services (3)
- REC 485 Field Work (3)
- Take one (3 unit) evaluation course from the following:
- REC 341 Eval and Research in Leisure Services (3) or equivalent
The remaining 6 units are electives which must be taken with approval of certificate advisor. These may include REC, KIN, HDEV, or HRM courses.