Adapted Physical Education Specialist Credential (code 490)
This program is designed for students interested in the administration and implementation of physical activity programs for persons with disabilities. Completion of this credential authorizes the California Adapted Physical Education Specialist Teaching Credential.
- 1. Bachelor's degree with a teaching major in Kinesiology;
- 2. Must be obtained concurrently or after completion of the Single Subject Physical Education Teaching Credential, K‑12;
- 3. Take the following courses:
- KIN 320 Adapted Physical Education (3)
- KIN 387 Physical Activities for the Disabled (3)
- KIN 388 Program Planning and Instruction in Adapted Physical Education (3)
- KIN 427 Physical and Motor Assessment (3)
- KIN 489A Field Work in Physical Activity Settings (6)
- EDSP 350 Education of Exceptional Individuals (3)
- Select two courses from the following:
- ED P 405; EDSP 563; KIN 526, 538; LING 151.