California State University , Long Beach is nationally recognized as a leading public comprehensive university. Inside this section you'll find information regarding each department within the University's colleges as well as links to academic roadmaps and university programs such as athletics and student leadership.
Graduation rates for CSULB students have increased dramatically in recent years and the length of time it takes students to complete degrees has decreased. The availability of needed courses and support improved graduation rates. These improvements were key to the naming of CSULB as one of "America's Best Colleges and Universities" by U.S. News and World Report.
Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration (code HCA_BS01)
1. All students must complete a minimum of 13 semester units or the equivalent in prerequisite preparatory course for the major: ACCT 201, ECON 101 or 300, SOC 250 (or equivalent) and BIOL 200 (or equivalent). These courses may be taken after admission to the program. Computer proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software is expected. Business calculus (MATH 115) is recommended.
2. An overall grade point average of 2.0 or higher is required for entrance into the program. A minimum grade of "C" is required for each prerequisite course.
1. Complete the requirements for General Education
2. Complete the prerequisite courses
3. Complete the major core course requirements:
HSC 150 Medical Terminology (1)
HSC 400 Principles of Epidemiology (3)
HCA 312 Health Personnel Management (3)
HCA 340 Legal Aspects of Health Administration (3)
HCA 341 Financial Management of Health Care Institutions (3)
HCA 353 Marketing for Health Services Organizations (3)
HCA 402 The Health Care System (3)
HCA 410 Health Management and Organization (3)
HCA 416 Management and Information Systems (3)
HCA 450 Quality Assurance of Health Care (3)
HCA 465 Analysis and Evaluation of Health Care Services (3)
HCA 480 Internship in Health Care Administration (3)
HCA 481 Internship and Career Development in HCA (3)
4. Upper Division (required elective courses). A minimum of 9 additional units from the following:
5. Complete electives as needed to total 120 semester units
6. Fulfill the Graduation Writing Assessment Requirement (GWAR)
7. Each major course must be completed with a grade of "C" or better. A course in which a grade lower than "C" is received must be retaken and successfully completed prior to enrolling in any course for which it is a prerequisite. A student receiving a grade lower than a "C" may proceed with other courses for which it is not a prerequisite with approval of the Undergraduate Advisor.