Option in International Business
(code FIN_BS02) (120 units)
This option prepares students for an increasingly competitive and interdependent international business world and offers information about how international business practices and customs differ from those in the U. S. Students need some familiarity with a language other than English as well as knowledge of culture and world geography.
- 1. Take all of the following:
- ACCT 465 International Accounting (3)
- FIN 490 International Finance (3)
- MKTG 480 International Marketing (3)
- Take one of the following:
- MGMT 405 International & Comparative Management (3)
- MGMT 406 International Business Policy (3)
- 2. Take one of the following courses:
- BLAW 424, CBA 494, HRM 458, MKTG 481, and MGMT 405 or 406 (whichever was not taken in
satisfaction of requirement #1)
- 3. Two years (4 semesters or 6 quarters finishing at the level of 201B or its equivalent) at the baccalaureate level of one of the following languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, or Spanish. Under individual, special circumstances, the Director of the International Business Option may approve a language other than those listed above to satisfy the language requirement for a degree in the option.
- 4. Choice of the language will determine the country or geographic area of the world about which the student must study a minimum of 2 courses (6 units).
These will be in lieu of 6 other elective units, and can be double counted as part of the student's general education requirement, if approved to meet GE requirements.
General Education or Elective Courses
Select two courses (6 units), appropriate for your choice of language:
- All Languages:
- ANTH 412I; COMM 330, 452; I/ST 317I, 318I, 319I, 355l; LING 413, 425, 470; POSC 371, 485; WGSS 401I.
- ARAB 250; CWL 402; GEOG 309L; HIST 394, 428, 432; POSC 367; R/ST 331I.
- ANTH 332; A/ST 301I, 310, 495I; CHIN 301, 350, 370; CWL 403; HIST 382B, 406A; POSC 362; R/ST 341I.
- CWL 330A,B; GEOG 316; HIST 335, 337, 339; POSC 353; FREN 335, 336 or courses taken at a specified French university with which CSULB has an exchange agreement and taught by instructors from CSULB may be approved by the Director of the International Business Program in partial or full satisfaction of this requirement.
- CWL 330A, 330B; GEOG 316; HIST 335, 337, 339, 437; POSC 353; GERM 380I, 415, 416.
- CWL 330A, 330B; GEOG 316; HIST 335, 337, 339; POSC 353.
- ANTH 335; A/ST 301I, 310; CWL 403; HIST 383B, 384, 406A, 407I; JAPN 350, 451, 471; R/ST 341I, 344.
- Portuguese or Spanish:
- ANTH 323, 324; CWL 440; HIST 364, 462, 463; POSC 358, 481; SPAN 330, 335A, 335B, 341, 430, 445.
- GEOG 318; HIST 341B; RUSS 310, 410I.